Monitor That Another App is Running

This is a discussion on Monitor That Another App is Running within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; I have two programs that work together. The front-end is in vb .net and the backend is in c++. Both ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2

    Monitor That Another App is Running

    I have two programs that work together. The front-end is in vb.net and the backend is in c++. Both programs work together.

    I have a way for the .net program to monitor the c++ application and run an instance of it if the user has killed the process. This works great.

    I need a way for my c++ program to spawn a thread that watches that the other program is running and if it isn't, it starts a new instance.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    What about creating mutex and waiting for it in the second project
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Controls Style: Resource View vs Running App
    By devGordon in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 09:43 PM
  2. Error when running console app in vs2005
    By Shamino in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 05:10 PM
  3. multithreading question
    By ichijoji in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 10:59 PM
  4. Running Programs from my app
    By Megatron in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2002, 03:04 PM
  5. Bringing focus to an window if app already running.
    By Unregistered in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2002, 01:40 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21