displaying an icon on desktop

This is a discussion on displaying an icon on desktop within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; Hello all, I am wondering if it is possible to display an icon at a specified location on windows desktop ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1

    displaying an icon on desktop

    Hello all,

    I am wondering if it is possible to display an icon at a specified location on windows desktop using windows APIs.

    Thanks a lot

    Parviin57

  2. #2
    Registered User Queatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,342
    That is most likely stored in some THUMBS.DB file.

  3. #3
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,454
    thumbs.db stores the thumbnails previews

    locations likely to be stored in the registry
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  4. #4
    Registered User code2d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    87
    Wouldn't this become a issue if someone already currenly has a icon in your selected location?

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Icon Help
    By The Brain in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-05-2009, 04:06 PM
  2. Getting Icons from the Desktop
    By Mastadex in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 04:33 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2004, 06:54 AM
  4. Creating a desktop icon from code
    By knutso in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-28-2002, 08:56 AM
  5. icon in title bar?
    By Unregistered in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-12-2001, 05:43 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21