How to set File Version of VC++ 6 dll

This is a discussion on How to set File Version of VC++ 6 dll within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; I need to set the file version of a dll I created in Visual C++ 6.0. By file version, I ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    88

    How to set File Version of VC++ 6 dll

    I need to set the file version of a dll I created in Visual C++ 6.0. By file version, I mean the file version specified on this page. Pertinent Text: "This field is the version string for a versioned file. This field is blank for non-versioned files. The file version entered into this field must be identical to the version of the file included with the installation package."

    How would I set this file version? How can I check this version information once the file has been made?

    Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mountaintop, Pa
    Posts
    1,059
    How about UpdateResource?

  3. #3
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    Or just modify the corresponding resource directly
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...nformation.asp
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    88
    Thank you both for your help. I found the easiest way to do it was to add a resource script to the project. That allowed me to modify the information that resided in VersionInfo. Thank you again.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie homework help
    By fossage in forum C Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 04:27 PM
  2. Post...
    By maxorator in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-11-2005, 08:39 AM
  3. Dikumud
    By maxorator in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2005, 06:39 AM
  4. Encryption program
    By zeiffelz in forum C Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 03:39 AM
  5. simulate Grep command in Unix using C
    By laxmi in forum C Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-10-2002, 04:10 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21