is knowing C enough !!

This is a discussion on is knowing C enough !! within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; is knowing C enough to program GUI Application in windows platforms ? i mean do i have to be a ...

  1. #1
    C 1337 Meshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    70

    is knowing C enough !!

    is knowing C enough to program GUI Application in windows platforms ?

    i mean do i have to be a professional in C++ & (OOP) .. ?!!


  2. #2
    {Jaxom,Imriel,Liam}'s Dad Kennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,065
    C will work well enough. At least it does for me. You'll have to become very familiar with the Windows API, and how to search on MSDN. . . which is what gives me the most problems. . . but I'm no good at searching for anything. . . (OT) I cannot even find the Quest (pex) company online .

  3. #3
    C 1337 Meshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    70
    so , no need for C++ and (OOP Concepts) ..

    can someone have more expert in windows programming answer to my question !!

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,459
    OOP Concepts is useful even if you're planning to use only C

    Need to know C++ - depends on the project... If you are going to work as a profeccional - in most cases it is not your decision what language is used in the project... So in this case - yes, you need to know C++ if you do not want to limit very strictly the work possibilities
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  5. #5
    Cat without Hat CornedBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,893
    You don't need C++ for anything in Windows.

    It just makes things a lot easier. Especially using and writing COM objects.
    All the buzzt!
    CornedBee

    "There is not now, nor has there ever been, nor will there ever be, any programming language in which it is the least bit difficult to write bad code."
    - Flon's Law

  6. #6
    C 1337 Meshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    70
    thanks for your reply .

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Knowing if a listbox entry was selected?
    By IceDane in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 03:17 PM
  2. Get a Window HWND by only knowing the ID.
    By Joelito in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2006, 06:22 PM
  3. reading input without knowing datatype
    By aldajlo in forum C Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 05:53 AM
  4. Importance of knowing linux when trying to get a c programming position
    By Terrance in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-28-2002, 04:26 AM
  5. Help in knowing the Source
    By Unregistered in forum C Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2001, 05:19 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21