Access other user's documents...

This is a discussion on Access other user's documents... within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; Is there a way I can access other users documents from my user if I know their password?...

  1. #1
    Registered User Queatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,342

    Question Access other user's documents...

    Is there a way I can access other users documents from my user if I know their password?

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    Run As?
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Yes, my avatar is stolen anonytmouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,544
    Assuming you mean in code, and you are on XP, you can use LogonUser followed by ImpersonateLoggedOnUser. Remember to call RevertToSelf once you're done. It is recommended that you don't store passwords.

  4. #4
    Registered User Queatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,342
    that's it, thanks anonytmouse.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. C users access .Net dll
    By kselvaakumar in forum C Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-24-2007, 05:47 AM
  2. Function validation.
    By Fhl in forum C Programming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 07:18 AM
  3. Retrieve users connected to Access database
    By BobS0327 in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-22-2005, 12:29 PM
  4. Windows ntfs perms
    By wp_x in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 05:38 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21