videos as the screensaver

This is a discussion on videos as the screensaver within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; hi, please could anybody tell me how to build a program that lets the user to play video files as ...

  1. #1
    Android
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Kurunegala Colony, Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    362

    videos as the screensaver

    hi,
    please could anybody tell me how to build a program that lets the user to play video files as her windows screensaver.
    thx.
    Some useless programs i've wrote : slprogrammersheaven
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/geekyzine
    My amature IT Blog: http://everything-geeky.blogspot.com/
    My Flash games: http://flashweed.blogspot.com/

    (and, sorry for my amature english)

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,471
    And who is she?

    Could you explain a little bit more what you want to do?
    How I can read your question
    1. You want take a video, build a screensaver file, choose this file as a windows screenSaver.
    2. You want to add some feature to your program, so when it is inactive it will switch to the full screen and play some Video till the key is pressed or mouse is moved. (This is easy - just take the sample code for simple videoPlayer provided in msdn, remove all unnecasery code, add timer for stating play, and stop it on some events...)
    3. Something else...
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Android
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Kurunegala Colony, Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    362
    hi,
    the program should take a video file and somehow make a screensaver file out of it - i have no clue howto do this. please could u tell me howto start?
    Some useless programs i've wrote : slprogrammersheaven
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/geekyzine
    My amature IT Blog: http://everything-geeky.blogspot.com/
    My Flash games: http://flashweed.blogspot.com/

    (and, sorry for my amature english)

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,471
    1. You can take the existing program http://www.axialis.com/tutorials/tut...reensaver.html
    2. You can search for the SCR-file format description to build it by yourself
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Check out DEVIL Screensaver System!
    By hartwork in forum Projects and Job Recruitment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-31-2005, 06:28 PM
  2. Canīt create an OpenGL screensaver
    By the dead tree in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-24-2004, 06:18 PM
  3. OpenGL to Windows Screensaver
    By drdroid in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-03-2003, 08:41 AM
  4. johny castaway screensaver
    By DavidP in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-09-2002, 05:05 PM
  5. Full Programming Videos
    By Witch_King in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-18-2001, 12:49 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21