How to compile mfc libs from platform sdk

This is a discussion on How to compile mfc libs from platform sdk within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; Hi, I'm trying to compile a mfc app without having a working copy of visual studio. The platform sdk includes ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3

    How to compile mfc libs from platform sdk

    Hi,

    I'm trying to compile a mfc app without having a working copy of visual studio. The platform sdk includes mfc source code and make file. However I can't compile it, nmake complains that its missing a .pdb for a file before it tries to compile it. Anyone manage to get this to work?

  2. #2
    Cat without Hat CornedBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,892
    Quote Originally Posted by tjcbs
    The platform sdk includes mfc source code and make file.
    It does? Are you sure?

    Anyway, please post the complete error.
    All the buzzt!
    CornedBee

    "There is not now, nor has there ever been, nor will there ever be, any programming language in which it is the least bit difficult to write bad code."
    - Flon's Law

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3
    Yes it definitely does...

    Here is the output:


    isapi.cpp
    isapi.cpp(0) : fatal error C1033: cannot open program database 'c:\program files
    \microsoft platform sdk\src\lib\nafxisd.pdb'
    inetcall.cpp
    inetcall.cpp(0) : fatal error C1033: cannot open program database 'c:\program fi
    les\microsoft platform sdk\src\lib\nafxisd.pdb'

  4. #4
    Super Moderator VirtualAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    9,584
    MFC is not part of the platform SDK.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba
    MFC is not part of the platform SDK.
    YES IT IS!!! For god sakes I wish people would actually verify what they are saying before making these off the cuff useless replies!

  6. #6
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    I wish people would actually verify
    Verified. Not installed.
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  7. #7
    erstwhile
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    2,227
    As far as I know only the 64bit versions of mfc are part of the psdk and their use is restricted.
    CProgramming FAQ
    Caution: this person may be a carrier of the misinformation virus.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Linux SDK
    By fungus_mungus in forum Linux Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 06:15 PM
  2. MFC with .NET
    By dead_cell in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-20-2002, 12:02 AM
  3. WIndows programming?
    By hostensteffa in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-07-2002, 08:52 PM
  4. Newbie - MFC code from a book in VC++.Net
    By Guardian in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2002, 07:17 PM
  5. MFC: Multi-threaded DLL Errors & Related Syntax :: C++
    By kuphryn in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-13-2002, 08:02 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21