ensure my prog only starts in session 0

This is a discussion on ensure my prog only starts in session 0 within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; How do i find out what windows session my program is starting up in? I'm making a server application, and ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    329

    ensure my prog only starts in session 0

    How do i find out what windows session my program is starting up in?
    I'm making a server application, and run into problem when terminal server users are logging on:
    My program is in the startup folder, and is started many times when this happens, strange things happen then..

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,457
    Have you tried Mutex setting to check if the program is already running?
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    329
    No, i'm just using FindWindow() with the classname, but it doesn't seem to detect it in another session..
    will a mutex be detected? I'll check if the function i just found doesn't work: WTSGetActiveConsoleSessionId()

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Assembly amature question: prog errors
    By geek@02 in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 01:35 PM
  2. need help making a dot bounce up and down y axis in this prog
    By redwing26 in forum Game Programming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 12:48 PM
  3. an option at the end of this prog to ask if I want to run again
    By bandito9111 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 01:30 PM
  4. Try my prog...
    By Commander in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2002, 07:43 AM
  5. password prog
    By ihsir in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-06-2002, 05:39 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21