Startmenu option

This is a discussion on Startmenu option within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; How can I add an option to the menu that comes up when you right click the start button? (Like ...

  1. #1
    Registered User Queatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,342

    Question Startmenu option

    How can I add an option to the menu that comes up when you right click the start button? (Like Winamp does.) I'm assuming it's a registry setting...

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    Open "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu" and look at the contents of the folder

    Actually - you can right click on the shortcut, choose properties, general, location - and you know there the shortcut is located on your disk.

    PS. wrong forum to ask such a question
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User Queatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,342
    No, you don't understand, I know that already! I mean the small menu that comes up when you RIGHT CLICK the startmenu. You know, where an Explore option is. Right clicking a menu option is like left clicking.

  4. #4
    Reverse Engineer maxorator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    2,318
    The same menu comes up whenever you right click any file (Start Menu right click acts like you've right clicked a folder).
    "The Internet treats censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

  5. #5
    Yes, my avatar is stolen anonytmouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,544
    A context menu option can be added manually or via the registry. The class for folders is "Folder".

  6. #6
    Registered User Queatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,342
    >> The same menu comes up whenever you right click any file
    >> (Start Menu right click acts like you've right clicked a folder).

    Sure, but that doesn't awnser my question.

    EDIT:

    Thanks anonytmouse, that is what I was looking for.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Unknown memory leak with linked lists...
    By RaDeuX in forum C Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 03:09 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2008, 06:54 PM
  3. For some reason I end up with memory leak...
    By RaDeuX in forum C Programming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-25-2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Binary Search Tree
    By penance in forum C Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-2005, 05:35 PM
  5. problem passing an option as command line argument
    By papous in forum C Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2001, 05:12 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21