I'm trying to add the following lib: http://id3lib.sourceforge.net/
to my VS2003 project, I don't understand the instructions:
Please help, without this lib I can't go on with my project.
B)***Your project wants to link id3lib static, and has mfc linked dynamic or has no MFC:
1) Rename config.h.win32 to config.h
2) include libprj/id3lib.dsp and zlib/prj/zlib.dsp to your workspace
3) make your project dependend on id3lib, and make id3lib dependend on zlib
4) Add /D ID3LIB_LINKOPTION=1 to your project options (settings, C/C++ tab)
5) Add the following include dirs to your program:
/I <path_to_id3lib>\\include /I <path_to_id3lib>\\include\\id3
6) (add your code which uses id3lib)
7) Try to compile, and see if you need any of the following:
(debug) /nodefaultlib:"msvcprtd" or(release) /nodefaultlib:"msvcprt"
(debug) /nodefaultlib:"MSVCRTD" or(release) /nodefaultlib:"MSVCRT"
(debug) /nodefaultlib:"libcmtd" or(release) /nodefaultlib:"libcmt"
different programs may require different 'nodefaultlib' 's, or none at all, these worked for me.
If none you try work, revert to C)