Graphics Programming :: Approach and Books
I am an experienced C++ programmer especially on the Win32 platform (MFC, Win32 API, etc.). I am limited experience on intensive graphics programming including OpenGL and DirectX. I have some general questions about graphics programming.
1) I often read about how DirectX does not work well with MFC. Is that accurate?
2) Is DirectX platform independent?
3) Is OpenGL platform independent?
4) What do graphics programmers including gamers use: DirectX or OpenGL?
5) What is more extensible, and essentially, better graphics API on the Win32 platform? What are some good books for learning this graphics programming tool?
6) What is the future of graphics programming especially on the Windows platform?
As you can see, my experience and knowledge in graphics programming is quite limited. I'd appreciate any insight.