Please help, advanced guys!

This is a discussion on Please help, advanced guys! within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; Please help me out with VB programming! I do not got MSDN so I am left without some good peace ...

  1. #1
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Please help, advanced guys!

    Please help me out with VB programming!
    I do not got MSDN so I am left without some good peace of information. Anyway I have achieved very good results...
    So, my problem is that I reallly can't understand how to get know these arguments neccessary for DLL, for example:

    Private Declare Function GetMenu Lib "User32" (???) As Long

    Please, if someone knows how to find out these ??? then post an answer. I can get commands (like GetMenu), entry points etc. with Dependency Walker, but I can't get those arguments, unless I find them in other source-code!

    I think it is possible to find it somewhere in internet, but I didn't have luck.

    Please help!

    You can E-Mail me to: martins_s@mail.teliamtc.lv;
    or contact with ICQ: #150409659!

  2. #2
    Used Registerer jdinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    1,065
    From MSDN:

    HMENU GetMenu(
    HWND hWnd // handle to window
    );

    in VB an HWND would be a long.

    For future reference when you need help with VB stuff check out:
    VB Explorer. They've got tons of forums, articles, etc.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    387
    >Please help, advanced guys!
    >Please help me out with VB programming!

    These two phrases do not go together :P
    "There are three kinds of people in the world...
    Those that can count and those that can't."

  4. #4
    Carnivore ('-'v) Hunter2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,879
    Hehe, agreed - VB is a beginner's language that is 98% automated. The other 2% is semi-automated.
    Just Google It. √

    (\ /)
    ( . .)
    c(")(") This is bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    92
    lmao i trashed vb when i was 12 :P

    hey... just wondering, is there any c++ equivalent of VBD's planned? this would be sooooo kewl ;-)

    -out-
    PsychoBrat
    psychobrat at gmail

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-19-2004, 07:52 AM
  2. Hey guys, I'm new!
    By MrDoomMaster in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-31-2003, 05:47 PM
  3. Advanced but yet general
    By Rhodium in forum C Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-09-2003, 01:46 PM
  4. How long have you guys been working with C/C++??
    By Lurker in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 04:41 PM
  5. you advanced people, read this
    By Leeman_s in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2001, 09:26 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21