Where are network protocol structs defined?

This is a discussion on Where are network protocol structs defined? within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; Can anyone tell me what headers I need to include to use struct iphdr and struct tcphdr? Thanks....

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    120

    Where are network protocol structs defined?

    Can anyone tell me what headers I need to include to use struct iphdr and struct tcphdr?

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    120
    If google had been any help, I wouldn't have posted. I just ended up defining them myself from the linux definitions.

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    Quote Originally Posted by homer_3 View Post
    If google had been any help, I wouldn't have posted. I just ended up defining them myself from the linux definitions.
    if google is of no help - maybe problem is not in google, but in a user?

    most links specify that required include is ip.h

    on my system it is located in /usr/include/linux/ip.h

    after including this file - iphdr struct was recognized by compiler. so google was right this time...
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Linker error (?)
    By aosmith in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 05:19 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-27-2010, 03:20 AM
  3. EDCF protocol in Network simulation program
    By linux_007 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 04:04 PM
  4. FTP program
    By jakemott in forum Linux Programming
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 02:58 PM
  5. Header files
    By borland_man in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-22-2002, 04:30 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21