OutText - absolutelly newbie...
Please, help me with some directions and advises!
I'm working with small microcontrollers and WinAPI is very , very unknown.
(Un)fortunately, i need program , which:
- is talking with small device via RS232,
- receives strings, analises these strings , reformats them and outputs on
- keyboard input must be redirected to serial port.
In other words - goal is to make PC based terminal for this small device (which has 240x64 pixels display and some keypad).
In this moment i want to learn faster
1) how to output text in graphic mode, how to control font parameters,
2) how to control stretching of window - i assume to work in window 240x64 or 480x128 , but what happens , when one resizes window?
Last few days i have played with WinBGI ( library, wrapper , which gives to me graphic control in known for me TurboPascal style). Problem here is size - i have about 2MB exe even on start, with 3 strings , drawed in window. Additionally , i'm not sure how stable is this library.
On serial side i experimented with one simple library, but found problems - characters are lost, even on low speed. (Serial Communication for WIN32 (Event-driven)). Maybe i'm wrong, but library does not specify any buffers, when comport is initialised with CreateFile.( Does Window have long buffers by default?) So i'm planning to try other library - from Welcome to Ramon's homepage. But this is other story...
I have Dev-Cpp installed and i want to learn.
Any advice and comment, link to library/ wrapper will be useful for me.