Remote Program Invocation on Windows

This is a discussion on Remote Program Invocation on Windows within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; Hello, I have my application (C application ) installed on Windows Server 2003 . I would like to remotely call ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    19

    Remote Program Invocation on Windows

    Hello,

    I have my application (C application ) installed on Windows Server 2003 . I would like to remotely call this application using a bat script from another Windows box. How can I achieve this ?

  2. #2
    Algorithm Dissector iMalc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,293
    You could instead write a COM-component in your app and set up the necessary permissions for this to be created remotely with DCOM, using CoCreateInstanceEx.
    My homepage
    Advice: Take only as directed - If symptoms persist, please see your debugger

    Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"

  3. #3

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,470
    instead of bat file you can use vbs script and WMI object to do it if your application has no user interaction

    http://www.google.co.il/search?hl=en...launch&spell=1
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Program Plan
    By Programmer_P in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 01:42 AM
  2. Client-server system with input from separate program
    By robot-ic in forum Networking/Device Communication
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 02:30 PM
  3. Using variables in system()
    By Afro in forum C Programming
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 12:27 PM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 06:36 AM
  5. Virtual keys
    By Arkanos in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-12-2005, 09:00 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21