hide from task manager

This is a discussion on hide from task manager within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; I am making parents defence program.. I want to hide my program fro task mnager because I want to anyone ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    44

    hide from task manager

    I am making parents defence program.. I want to hide my program fro task mnager because I want to anyone not closed my program.. How can I hide my program from task manager??

  2. #2
    Malum in se abachler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,189
    You will not find the people here sympathetic to your plight unless you can give more details about what your program does. We get requests like this all the time, mostly from script kiddies that want to write malware.
    Until you can build a working general purpose reprogrammable computer out of basic components from radio shack, you are not fit to call yourself a programmer in my presence. This is cwhizard, signing off.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    44
    you are right.. My program capture all opened picture list and capture all opened sites.. Only parents can see these.. and program can blocked sites from windows' "hosts" file.. but if my program shown in taskmanager everyone can close it.. I want only parents can close it.. Can you give any advice?? (sory my english)

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    Isn't simplier to disallow running TaskManager for the user used by children? - you can do it in the policy management
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  5. #5
    Algorithm Dissector iMalc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,299
    Quote Originally Posted by abachler View Post
    You will not find the people here sympathetic to your plight unless you can give more details about what your program does. We get requests like this all the time, mostly from script kiddies that want to write malware.
    Yes and anyone reading this thread will beileve you "koyboy" are one of them, myself included. If you want something like this then obtain something someone has already written, otherwise I wish you the worst of luck in this endevaour. The reason for this attitude is that even if you were to be writing this legitimately, it can too easily be used maliciously by someone else.
    I would suggest this thread be closed.
    Last edited by iMalc; 05-27-2008 at 01:35 AM.
    My homepage
    Advice: Take only as directed - If symptoms persist, please see your debugger

    Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"

  6. #6
    Unregistered User Yarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,605
    Actually, it's simple to do that.
    The way I see it is, if you can't write code to do that on your own, then you can't write code thats worth hiding from the task manager.
    A class that doesn't overload all operators just isn't finished yet. -- SmugCeePlusPlusWeenie
    A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God. -- Alan J. Perlis

  7. #7
    Super Moderator VirtualAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    9,596
    I would suggest this thread be closed.
    I could not agree more. Closed.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Task Manager: Applications vs Processes
    By Shwick in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 06:47 AM
  2. Task Manager technic
    By NoFearXD in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 10:09 AM
  3. Hiding proccess from task manager
    By tezcatlipooca in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-19-2007, 06:12 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-17-2003, 07:07 AM
  5. Scheduling Algo
    By BigDaddyDrew in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 03-08-2003, 10:00 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21