MSDN vs MSDN2

This is a discussion on MSDN vs MSDN2 within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; what's the difference, functions and macros i find on msdn2.com do not compile on my Visual Studio 2005. Examples are ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    610

    MSDN vs MSDN2

    what's the difference, functions and macros i find on msdn2.com do not compile on my Visual Studio 2005. Examples are DragQueryFile and HDROP...

  2. #2
    C++まいる!Cをこわせ! Elysia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    22,768
    Are you including correct headers? It should compile whichever version of MSDN it is because it's the same documentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adak View Post
    io.h certainly IS included in some modern compilers. It is no longer part of the standard for C, but it is nevertheless, included in the very latest Pelles C versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    You mean it's included as a crutch to help ancient programmers limp along without them having to relearn too much.

    Outside of your DOS world, your header file is meaningless.

  3. #3
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    If you are working with VC++2005 Express - you need the Windows SDK install as well
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by vart View Post
    If you are working with VC++2005 Express - you need the Windows SDK install as well
    It's VC++2005 Standard ... I do have SDK installed

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. msdn
    By wheelie in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-14-2007, 05:53 PM
  2. msdn
    By krygen in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 06:34 PM
  3. MSDN Searching Tips
    By jverkoey in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 04:51 AM
  4. MSDN Documentation with Visual Studios
    By dalek in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-20-2003, 06:01 PM
  5. MSDN and .NET
    By Korhedron in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-30-2003, 08:32 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21