waveOutSetVolume not working right!

This is a discussion on waveOutSetVolume not working right! within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; I can play waves just fine using waveOut functions, but when I call waveOutSetVolume, and pass it the playing wave-out-handle, ...

  1. #1
    Unregistered User Yarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,609

    Question waveOutSetVolume not working right!

    I can play waves just fine using waveOut functions, but when I call waveOutSetVolume, and pass it the playing wave-out-handle, it effects the master volume of the whole computer rather than just my playing sound. How do I fix this?
    A class that doesn't overload all operators just isn't finished yet. -- SmugCeePlusPlusWeenie
    A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God. -- Alan J. Perlis

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    probably - get volumn befor it, and reset it on exit
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Malum in se abachler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,189
    Or denormalize your wave prior to playing it.
    Until you can build a working general purpose reprogrammable computer out of basic components from radio shack, you are not fit to call yourself a programmer in my presence. This is cwhizard, signing off.

  4. #4
    Unregistered User Yarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,609
    >> probably - get volumn befor it, and reset it on exit
    No can do, That would mess up any sounds playing in simultaneously with it.

    >> Or denormalize your wave prior to playing it.
    Thought of that, but being that I'm going to be playing this simultaneously and very often, that would hurt my CPU time, especially in a game.
    A class that doesn't overload all operators just isn't finished yet. -- SmugCeePlusPlusWeenie
    A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God. -- Alan J. Perlis

  5. #5
    Unregistered User Yarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,609
    Nevermind, I've got OpenAL working better than ever, don't need to deal with this junk now.
    A class that doesn't overload all operators just isn't finished yet. -- SmugCeePlusPlusWeenie
    A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God. -- Alan J. Perlis

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Function not working
    By sloopy in forum C Programming
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-12-2005, 07:08 PM
  2. Program Not working Right
    By raven420smoke in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-16-2005, 03:21 AM
  3. Trying to eject D drive using code, but not working... :(
    By snowfrog in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-07-2005, 07:47 PM
  4. x on upper right corner not working
    By caduardo21 in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-20-2005, 07:35 PM
  5. cygwin -> unix , my code not working properly ;(
    By CyC|OpS in forum C Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-18-2002, 04:08 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21