How to obtain MAC address under the win32?

This is a discussion on How to obtain MAC address under the win32? within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; Hello! I'm a programmer and I need to find out how to obtain MAC address on win32. I alrady know, ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3

    How to obtain MAC address under the win32?

    Hello!

    I'm a programmer and I need to find out how to obtain MAC address on win32. I alrady know, that I can't do it using ioctl() function like on linux.

    I found this thread on forum: Spoof MAC Address.. I use linux on my desktop and I don't know widnows enviroment too good. I'd like to know if this method works in all modern Windows releases (XP, 2003, Vista and 2008). Also I want to know if in registry I can found MAC addresses of all installed network interfaces. At the end please tell me if all users in windows systme can read the registry? Is user with non administrator privilieges able to obtain such information from registry?

    thx for help!

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3
    So there are even functions for doing this in winapi ths for hep!

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Mac OS X Users/C programmers?
    By petermichaux in forum C Programming
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 06:36 AM
  2. Win32 API or Win32 SDK?
    By jverkoey in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-20-2005, 03:26 PM
  3. Obtain local machine IP address
    By magic.mike in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-18-2005, 09:40 AM
  4. Im so lost at . .
    By hermit in forum C Programming
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-15-2002, 01:26 AM
  5. doubly linked lists
    By cworld in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-21-2002, 09:33 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21