Flexible and portable file format?

This is a discussion on Flexible and portable file format? within the Tech Board forums, part of the Community Boards category; Hello, I'm writing a program, which I'm trying to get as portable as possible. Trying not to rely on too ...

  1. #1
    Woof, woof! zacs7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,459

    Post Flexible and portable file format?

    Hello,

    I'm writing a program, which I'm trying to get as portable as possible. Trying not to rely on too many libraries.

    I need to store some data, such as large paragraphs of text as well as program settings. What's the best way to do it? Flexibly... I'd use XML, but I'd rather not write a parser or implement a XML library... do I have any other feasible options -- other than designing my own format?

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    1 library that is portable and work with XML is too many?
    If not - find some written in ANSI C and use it
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Woof, woof! zacs7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,459
    You're right, to tell the truth I was looking at libxml (dis-considering XML because libxml was a bit bloated for my needs). However I found libmxml http://www.minixml.org/ -- and it looks promising!

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21