how to go about this dilema !!!

This is a discussion on how to go about this dilema !!! within the Tech Board forums, part of the Community Boards category; Hi, I have been working on C programming for quiet sometime and now on personal interests ( to try out ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3

    Question how to go about this dilema !!!

    Hi,
    I have been working on C programming for quiet sometime and now on personal interests ( to try out at home after office ) want to focus on graphics / game programming.
    Say, I would like to start with some simple board games like tic tac toe or the suduko.

    Now, my question is :

    1. In the market I find a number of books like "windows programming ", VC++ programming or the complete reference - VC++ etc.

    I am not sure which is the right book for me ???


    2. Would you suggest me some tutorials / books which can be a starting point
    3. and also the sources where I can get the necessary compilers and libraries installed.

    I want to continue in the C / C++ programming flavour. I would look forward for your suggestions / guidence with great hope

    Thanks in advance.
    I am also available at <<snipped>>
    Last edited by Salem; 06-18-2007 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Snip email address

  2. #2
    Woof, woof! zacs7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,459
    Books: C Book Recommendations
    Compilers: http://www.cprogramming.com/compilers.html
    And all from this website

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3
    thanks for the links but ....

    what do I have to start reading with as a beginner

    windows programming or
    with VC++ or
    with OpenGL ...????

    or do all these mean the same
    Last edited by bvgsrs; 06-18-2007 at 06:59 AM.

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    windows programming and OpenGL are not the choices for the beginner.

    Choose some book that describes the C++ language itself, learn it... And only then...
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. A virtual destructor dilema
    By tzakieta in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 09:22 AM
  2. A China Dilema, waiting for your opinion
    By childem in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 12:17 AM
  3. Dilema - Fwriting
    By MethodMan in forum C Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2003, 10:10 AM
  4. Installing Windows 2000 Big Dilema
    By incognito in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-23-2003, 01:44 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21