Is there an environment variable for DLL lookup paths?

This is a discussion on Is there an environment variable for DLL lookup paths? within the Tech Board forums, part of the Community Boards category; I know if I want to use a dll I would put it in my system folder, but if I'm ...

  1. #1
    Ethernal Noob
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    1,901

    Is there an environment variable for DLL lookup paths?

    I know if I want to use a dll I would put it in my system folder, but if I'm unable to access the system folder and want to add a curent user environment variable for another lookup path, is there a way to do so.

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    have you tried to search a little?
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682586.aspx
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. how do i get the environment variable
    By Harman in forum C Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 10:51 AM
  2. pointers
    By InvariantLoop in forum C Programming
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 08:32 AM
  3. Environment variable corruption
    By miclus in forum Linux Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-01-2004, 01:45 PM
  4. getcwd() function messes up my environment variable
    By miclus in forum C Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-20-2004, 06:33 PM
  5. single environment variable
    By SpEkTrE in forum Linux Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 12:36 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21