Batch file

This is a discussion on Batch file within the Tech Board forums, part of the Community Boards category; Hey, I'm attempting to make a basic batch file that will start multiple programs at once when I click on ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    15

    Batch file

    Hey, I'm attempting to make a basic batch file that will start multiple programs at once when I click on it. Here's my current programming

    @echo off
    start "address for mozilla"
    start "address for aim"
    start "address for mail program"

    Such like that, now it works quite fine except that it will not start the programs outside of windows commands prompt. Which of course is not what I want. How can I get them to actually start as if I had double-clicked on the shortcut?

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    You can use WSH,
    write small VBS or JS file that will do the same... This file will work also when clicked in explorer...

    You can start reading from this link http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...invokeverb.asp

    or this for more simple version http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...invokeverb.asp
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    15
    uhg that confuses me, maybe I'm not quite at the level yet to use this board.

  4. #4
    and the hat of int overfl Salem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The edge of the known universe
    Posts
    32,833
    start "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"
    For example.
    If you dance barefoot on the broken glass of undefined behaviour, you've got to expect the occasional cut.
    If at first you don't succeed, try writing your phone number on the exam paper.
    I support http://www.ukip.org/ as the first necessary step to a free Europe.

  5. #5
    Reverse Engineer maxorator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    2,318
    Start does work as clicking on an icon. It performs ShellExecute as clicking on an icon does.

    Good point, Salem.
    "The Internet treats censorship as damage and routes around it." - John Gilmore

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie homework help
    By fossage in forum C Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-30-2009, 05:27 PM
  2. sequential file program
    By needhelpbad in forum C Programming
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 06-08-2008, 02:04 PM
  3. Possible circular definition with singleton objects
    By techrolla in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-26-2004, 10:46 AM
  4. System
    By drdroid in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2002, 11:12 PM
  5. Need a suggestion on a school project..
    By Screwz Luse in forum C Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-27-2001, 02:58 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21