new system

This is a discussion on new system within the Tech Board forums, part of the Community Boards category; Originally Posted by Kennedy You missed my point. What I'm saying is that *at least* on all of the distros ...

  1. #16
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy
    You missed my point. What I'm saying is that *at least* on all of the distros (if you get it to boot) you can dmesg to see what you missed, however, on Windows it isn't that simple.

    EDIT: I guess what confused you is that I agreed with you.
    But on windows there is an Event Viewer, so you always can see if something was not right during boot
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  2. #17
    {Jaxom,Imriel,Liam}'s Dad Kennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,065
    Event Viewer doesn't show everything.

  3. #18
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy
    Event Viewer doesn't show everything.
    We are talking about missing errors? Right?

    otherwise you should use /bootlog switch in your boot.ini
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. File System Implementation
    By dodgeviper in forum C Programming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 12:04 PM
  2. Using system icons
    By @nthony in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-13-2007, 06:56 PM
  3. Linux database system needed
    By BobS0327 in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-11-2006, 03:56 PM
  4. BIOS system and memory allocation problem
    By beely in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-25-2003, 06:12 AM
  5. Number system base M, print numbers N digits wide...
    By biterman in forum C Programming
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-19-2001, 03:31 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21