Visual C++ 2005 express ed.

This is a discussion on Visual C++ 2005 express ed. within the Tech Board forums, part of the Community Boards category; Hello, I'm coding in C, Win XP pro SP2., Visual C++ 2005 express ed. After going through the pre-compiled headers, ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    34

    Visual C++ 2005 express ed.

    Hello,
    I'm coding in C, Win XP pro SP2., Visual C++ 2005 express ed.

    After going through the pre-compiled headers,
    and -CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE; I've managed to
    compile and run a "Hello World!" program.

    However compiling a larger program with over 300 lines, or smaller,
    that was compiled with gcc MinGW: I'm getting the following error using Visual C++:"CL:command line error D8300: missing source filename."

    I've google(ed), and microsoft(ed); found some posts, but
    found nothing that explains my situation; which is
    compiling a C program.

    The solutions I've tried are:Closing the (") found at
    the end of _CRT_NO..., make a new program, unable
    unicode, compile as c(T/C), in properties > C++ > Advanced >
    compile as>, specifing "no commom language runtime support,"
    in properties > config.> general > etc.

    Here's my compile log below; it seems to me that it
    has a C source filename:" mailing.c" in the statement
    that begins [/02 /D "#define -CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE....

    Can you discern what the problems are in this log?

    Hope you can help me?

    Thank you.
    /************************************************** **********/

    Build Log:


    Build started: Project: mailing, Configuration: Debug|Win32

    Command Lines


    Creating temporary file "d:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\mailing\mailing\Debug\RSP00000410561 476.rsp" with contents
    [
    /O2 /D "#define _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE /FD /EHsc /MT /Fo"Debug\\" /Fd"Debug\vc80.pdb" /c /TC ".\mailing.c"
    ]
    Creating command line "cl.exe @"d:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\mailing\mailing\Debug\RSP00000410561 476.rsp" /nologo /errorReportrompt"

    Output Window


    Compiling...
    cl : Command line error D8003 : missing source filename

    Results


    Build log was saved at "file://d:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\mailing\mailing\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
    mailing - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

  2. #2
    C++ Witch laserlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    21,990
    hmm... just a stab at this, but shouldn't the command line option be:
    /D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE
    C + C++ Compiler: MinGW port of GCC
    Version Control System: Bazaar

    Look up a C++ Reference and learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    34
    Hello,
    Thank you laserlight for an interesting solution.
    However doing it:"/D_CRT...", did not work; I'm
    getting the same error.

    Doing it:"/D " #define _CRT_SECURE...", is worse!

    Thank you for an informed post.

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    1. try to add
    #define _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE 1
    to the cpp file

    and remove it from the project settings

    here is the quote from one forum
    You must define #define _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE 1 somewhere at the very begining of any inclusions. That is, you must define this in "sdafx.h" right after #pragma once statement.
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. We Got _DEBUG Errors
    By Tonto in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 04:45 PM
  2. C++ std routines
    By siavoshkc in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-28-2006, 12:13 AM
  3. load gif into program
    By willc0de4food in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-11-2006, 09:43 AM
  4. Errors with including winsock 2 lib
    By gamingdl'er in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 07:13 PM
  5. Learning OpenGL
    By HQSneaker in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 08:57 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21