New installation of Windows XP, and I can't get the sound working. I have Harman / Kardon speakers (a larger shoebox sized subwoofer, two small speakers, don't know the make or how to find the make). I don't think I know what kind of audio card is in my computer, but I need to get some audio drivers! I used the Dell Drivers and Utilities CD, and selected Analog Devices 198x Integrated Audio Driver, the only option under audio drivers. I downloaded it, read the readme
Done setup runs, but gives an error "Driver not found! Please reboot system and try again". I did, tried again, nothing.Code:
Analog Devices Inc. SoundMAX(R) Readme
INSTALLATION AND REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS:
Installation or Update of Analog Devices SoundMAX Cadenza
NOTE: Remove any previously installed driver using the instructions
in the next section.
1. From the task bar, click on Start -> Run.
2. In the Run dialog box, type X:\path\setup, where X:\path is the
full path to the root of the installation media.
3. When upgrading or reinstalling, a dialog will appear. Select
Reinstall and press Next.
4. Click on the OK button or press the ENTER key.
5. Click on the Next and OK prompts as they appear.
6. Reboot the system to complete the installation.