I know most people here think I mean by downloading some crap, but I've recently found a neat trick through the windows registry which speeds up your internet connection. And considering I've been asking a lot of newbishly annoying questions lately (and the fact I have a -34 for reputation), I feel I should give back to the community. Here's what you do:
1. Go to Start Menu->Run
2. Type in "regedit" (No quotes)
3. Ok, go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER->Software->Microsoft->Windows->Current Version->Internet Settings
4. Now that you have that opened, you will see to the left half of the window, many different "keys". Examples look like: "AllowCookies" and "AutoConfigProxy".
5. Go to Edit->New->DWORD Value
6. Type in "MaxConnectionsPerServer" (no quotes)
7. Repeat step 5, and type in "MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server" (no quotes)
8. If you have this done, the hard part is over. Double-click MaxConnectionsPerServer, and you'll get a box that pops up titled, "Edit DWORD Value". Where it says:
"Value Data", type in 8. Yes, the number 8.
9. Do the same for MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server.
10. Restart internet explorer and try surfing.
If you like this, tell me. And maybe, , I could have my reputation helped out a tiny bit.