Problem with Direct3D
I'm having problems using full-screen Direct3D games. Whenever I try to play a Direct3D game fullscreen, the monitor reports that it's going out of range and then goes into standby until the program quits. I think it's the new driver I installed. I am using a GeForce FX 5200 with 128MB DDR2 VRAM. I upgraded to the new 52.16 drivers. The weird thing is, my OpenGL programs work fine. I've tried setting custom refresh rates, I've changed my display timing settings, I've done pretty much everything I can think of. I ran DXDiag, and I tried the Direct3D tests, and they did the same thing. I can't figure this out. I don't want to roll-back my drivers unless I have to, because these drivers are supposed to provide a speed improvement, and I have noticed it playing OGL games.
I'd roll back my drivers if I were you.
I had a VERY similar issue about a year ago with a customer's computer. For any fullscreen Direct3D app the screen would just go out of range.
I'm sorry to say we never did find a *software *solution, didn't seem like any different drivers helped...