Choosing drive letter
I recently installed a new CD drive and now all the drive letters are different (except for C of course). Now Im gonna have to edit all of the programs that reference files on the affected drives. Is there any way I can choose which drive letters I want for each drive?
not sure bout xp, but in 98 u can open the system properties, open the devices properties, and pick it from a drop menu. XP has it too but i cant find it atm
In Windows XP:
1. Open the Control Panel
2. Open Administrative tools folder
3. Double Click Computer Management
4. Under Storage, click Disk Management
5. Right click where it says CD Rom, and click Change Drive Letter and Path
6. Choose the current drive letter and click change
7. Change the letter in the drop down box, and hit ok
thnx man, i knew i had seen it before.