my gps project idea

This is a discussion on my gps project idea within the Tech Board forums, part of the Community Boards category; Hi Guys, I am trying to come up with interesting project ideas and recently been thinking of one ... i ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    91

    my gps project idea

    Hi Guys,

    I am trying to come up with interesting project ideas and recently been thinking of one ... i want to build a software that can be used to track the location of vehicles on google maps..the idea is that you keep some kind of gps device inside a vehicle and then you track its location...on g maps..im not at all interested in building the hardware device for this..the only thing im interested is..if there are any devices that can be tracked , i would like to write the app to track it and display it on maps...does this sound really lame or too difficult? also,is there any charges associated with using google maps this way ? please suggest

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,458
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,167
    There are quite a few programs that do this already, including an official one from Google.

    The hardest part is to have internet access on the tracking device (eg. cellular network).

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Project idea
    By Poincare in forum C Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 10:33 AM
  2. project idea ???
    By gemini_shooter in forum C Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2005, 09:56 AM
  3. have no idea where to start (not a project)
    By misplaced in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 06:48 PM
  4. help: need a Project Idea
    By Liam Battle in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-12-2002, 09:20 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21