I've been learning the basics of networking for a few days and suddenly had this idea: to make the model myself in C++.
Though I've not written any code(for this) yet, I think the implementations of the following will be within my capacity(now)...[I'd expand it later along the road]..
* Virtual Machines as a toned down version of the architecture of real comps(in a high level, not 0s and 1s !!)
* Ability to create and destroy new virtual machines(each one being an object).
* Sending and receiving meaningful messages.
* Primitive lookalikes of some network information tools found in Linux and a sort of ssh.
* Illustrating the different topologies and objects resembling the other devices to hold the vm `s together.
Would anyone of you suggest some other ideas &| features, or something which would be a helpful read ?