Set up a Code::Blocks global variable for Boost
This step only needs to be performed once, after which the global variable you've created will be available for any project.
* Open the Settings menu and select "Global variables..."
* Click the "New" button next to the Current variable list, specify a name like "boost", and hit OK
* In the "base" field of the Builtin fields section, browse for the base of your Boost installation -- the path you specified in the --prefix option of the build command
* In the "include" field, browse for the "include\boost-1_40" subfolder of your Boost installation -- it should be the path in the "base" field with "\include\boost-1_40" tacked on.
* Hit the Close button to save your global variable
Add Boost search directories to your project
* Right-click your project's name in the Projects section of the Management window and select "Build options..."
* Highlight the root of your project in the tree on the left side of the Project build options window
* Select the "Search directories" tab
* With the "Compiler" subtab selected, click the Add button, enter "$(#boost.include)" (without the quotes), and hit OK
* With the "Linker" subtab selected, click the Add button, enter "$(#boost.lib)" (without the quotes), and hit OK