Port Forwarding 2 routers

This is a discussion on Port Forwarding 2 routers within the Tech Board forums, part of the Community Boards category; I have 2 routers and I can't get port forwarding to configure properly through them. The chain is: Modem-> Linksys ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    465

    Port Forwarding 2 routers

    I have 2 routers and I can't get port forwarding to configure properly through them.
    The chain is:
    Modem-> Linksys WRT54G (router 1) -> Linksys BESFR41 (router 2).
    Router number 1 has the IP: 192.168.2.1
    Router number 2 has the IP 192.168.1.1

    Configuration of Router number 1: The letters a,b,c are the same number in each instance
    http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/29/wrt54g.jpg

    Configuration for Router 2:
    http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8597/router2config.jpg

    This is the forwarding info on Router number 1:
    http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6135/forwardwrt54g.jpg

    This is the forwarding info for Router 2 where 192.168.1.99 is the static ip of my computer:
    http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/163/besfr41forward.jpg

    I don't know what I have set wrong and it is really frustrating not being able to open ports pretty much. My firewall is turned completely off to eliminate any issue.

    DHCP has been disabled on both routers and my External IP is set to Static by my ISP but I can't get internal (LAN) static IP's setup where I can forward ports correctly.

    If you can help me figure out the flaw in my setup please reply.

    Thanks.
    My computer is awesome.

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    What is this 192.168.100.1 GW setting for the 192.168.2.x subnet on the first router? Looks very suspisios

    Seems to me all packets sent from the 192.168.1.x and 192.168.2.x subnets are forwarded to this GW and never transferred to the Internet...

    Is your ping from 192.168.1.99 to google.com working?
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. FTP program
    By jakemott in forum Linux Programming
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 01:58 PM
  2. brace-enclosed error
    By jdc18 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 05:49 PM
  3. uTorrent, routers, and port forwarding.
    By psychopath in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-24-2006, 02:16 PM
  4. Port Forwarding DI-624
    By Tonto in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 10:48 PM
  5. Segmentation Fault - Trying to access parallel port
    By tvsinesperanto in forum C Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 03:28 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21