If anyone could point me in the right direction for my task at hand:
What I want:
- Take my company's 2-D logo and re-create it in a 3-d modeling program.
- Render a texture map an image over part of the logo, which will change in opacity / fade in and out to other images.
- Render random Panning / zooming or lighting effects.
- Turn this into a Windows based screensaver.
What I have:
- No idea where to start. Besides creating the 3d model and exporting it as a DXF or what ever is used in this industry.
- All the time in the world
- No C programing expierence. only PHP, SQL and very little JAVA
- A really good looking boss.
Please do any of the following:
- Point me toward some good resources.
- Give me a quick synopsis of what I need to do.
- Drop a few hints as to what I should export my model as, some keywords I should start 'googling'
- What languages I should begin exploring and use.
- Let me know if learning C is way too big of a step for what I am trying to accomplish.
- Punch me in the face