This is not a topic to blame the product. I just one as a present (good g/f). It was nice, small and handy, just lacked one feature. To be able to change albums. And I am thinking from the programmer point of view.
1) Every song is stored in the memory of the iPod
2) I suppose there is a table which holds the memory address of the beginning and ending of the song
3) So, couldn't there be a table that holds the memory address of the beginning of each album? It seems very simple
4) If I am completely wrong about the whole changing song/album system and for some unknown reason it is hard to change an album, couldn't there be a table that says how many songs there are to skip ahead, to change an album?
5) The main problem is the buttons. Well, pause + >> could change an album or something, in order not to ruin the +-<<>> iPod style with extra buttons
6) I am sure that "buy a more expensive one" is the answer, it just makes me furious when a really simple option is not implemented in hardware.
Another example. My mobile phone has 3 options for vibration. On, off, off when on silence. Would it hurt put "on when on silence"?
OK, I feel better now :P