Hope this is right place to ask:
Ive been trying to get my Visual Studio 2003 to remote debug to another pc. And its driving me crazy!
When I attempt to remote debug with pipe I get a Access is Denied.
Ive tried many security and registry settings, things Ive tried:
* The username and password are the same on both the host and the remote machine.
* Added my account to the Debugger Users group on my pc and the remote pc.
* Altered reg key to allow other users
* Using dcomcnfg, under COM Security tab set Edit Limits and Access Permission for ANONYMOUS LOGON account set the Remote Access OK for all. Applied to all other accounts too.
* Did all the settings as mentioned here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833977
* Disabled firewalls on both.
The remote pc is definately recieving a message from the host as I can see the host's ip briefly appear when I watch the list of ip's with TcpipView program on the remote pc.
If I use the TCPIP version of remote debugging and by typing "msvcmon -tcpip -anyuser" on the remote pc, the msvcmon says "Debugging session in progress" on the remote pc when I press F5 on the main pc. But nothing else happens. My pc eventually after about 3 minutes of inactivity returns a popup saying "msvcmon disconnected or youre using pipe". Ughhh.
Running VS2003 on XP SrvPk2.
Project is C++.
Any help much appreciated.