ActionScript 3, wait for movieclip to end
Well, this is really not the best place to post it, but i'll give it a shot.
This is about the website that will host the game I'm currently developing in C++.
I have a main timeline composed of just one frame. Objects inside have their own timelines.
- I'm loading text into a dynamic text field in the main timeline.
- In one of the main timeline layers, I have a verticalBlind_mc which moves a white box from bottom to top, hiding the contents area, and then top to bottom, re-exposing it, in order to create a transition effect.
What I basically want is this...
1. Play verticalBlind_mc till half way and stop;
2. Only then load text contents into dynamic text field;
3. Play the rest of verticalBlind_mc;
My problem is with step 1. I can control 2 and 3 with event.COMPLETE and the URLLoader object. But I cannot seem to be able for step 2 to only start after step 1 is finished.
Can you provide general directions?