Thread: Clearing the screen

Clearing the screen

Is the a function in Microsoft Visual C to clear the screen and return the cursor to the top of the screen?

I used to use Borland and there was a pre-defined function.

&TH of undefined behavior Fordy's Avatar
    Read the FAQ

I tried that but it still doesn't work

Any other suggestions?

system( "cls" );

Thanks Mate.

Originally posted by samuraijack
    I tried that but it still doesn't work

Any other suggestions?
    Bull****. There are seven methods for clearing the screen listed in the FAQ. I can guarantee you did not try them all. Option 2 will work on any system. Period. Don't give me this **** that you tried. You didn't do jack, just like most of people who are too damn lazy to do anything for themselves.

Quzah.
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Chill man! There is no need to go ape.

Ok so I didn't try all of them, big deal. It got sorted in the end.

Option 2. Well in my original message, I said, "and return the cursor to the top of the screen". So yes it would work, but not for what I wanted.
    Last edited by samuraijack; 01-24-2003 at 02:19 AM.

Blasphemer Quzah.

If you were truely God as you claim to be you would not go ape **** about one small minor detail that someone said.

It is more than evident that samuraijack is new to programming and even to this forum.

Though at some stage so was I and so were you.

Do not make acusations about mistakes that you undoutably have made during your early days.

Please remember that we are not perfect, we all sin and cann't stop sinning.

Though it is through asking God for forgiveness and believing that Jesus died on the cross for the forgiveness of sins can we obtain eternal life with God and Jesus in heaven.

I do not wish to get in a theological debate with you as you have no way of winning or changing my point of view. Also, this is not the forum for such debates.

Though if you wish to start a debate with me, then please visit my web site
    ChristExplained.NET
    and find your way to the forum there, and I will be happy to debate and post passages from the bible that if you are as smart as you claim to be you will come to understand who Jesus is and what it is that he has done for all humans, not matter what nationality ( yes even George Bush can become a christian ).

Enough of my wasting of space on this greate forum about this topic.

I do not call you to apologize or anything, I just ask that you reconsider what it is that you were placed on this Earth to do, and secondly consider what will happen when you have died.

God be with you my child, as I will be praying for you tonight.
    WebmasterMattD
    WebmasterMattD.NET

Look...

We gave him the direct link to the FAQ.
    There he have six ways to do this, in different plataforms, so why ask here again? people need to search before they ask, else, the forum will contain a lot of repeated threads, and this is not what we want.

Quzah, well guy, take a little bit easy, I know you're right, but lets try to understand the other side too.

So Quzah's had a bad day and his fuse has been somewhat shortened by people being too lazy to do things for themselves. BIG FAT HAIRY DEAL!

WebmasterMattD, you see those 2200+ posts under Quzah's name? That's not from theological debate, that's from him giving up his time to help people, (and giving though he is, Jesus really does only help those who help themselves). Perhaps you should read what the bible says about those that make a big show of their faith, vs those that go quietly about their lives and are kind to others. (I'll not quote chapter & verse, I'm sure you know it by heart).

How you manage to judge someone from one bad tempered post amazes me. Get down off your high horse, take your preaching back to ChristExplained.net, and when you have a sensible question about programming in C, that you've put just a little thought into, post it here and Quzah and the rest of this community will gladly help you out.
    Last edited by Azuth; 01-24-2003 at 03:49 AM.
    Demonographic rhinology is not the only possible outcome, but why take the chance

Guess I was a bit hasty in my reply.

Quazar I apologize if I have offended you, though the leason that should be learnt't from this thread that has now gone completely off topic is to think before posting and not make rash judgements of others.

To the admins of this forum, I also apolagize as I have defamed what I believe to be a usefull asset to the programming population.

From now on I shall bite my tong and withold all personal judgement about others based on there rash outbursts ( of which I will admit I commit from time to time ).

Azuth I agree with your relating of me to the pharasies, it is a valid comparision and one which I am not proud of.

Later,
    WebmasterMattD
    WebmasterMattD.NET

Enough already.

The title "God" under quzahs name is a default one given by the forum software, IIRC.
    When all else fails, read the instructions.
    If you're posting code, use code tags: [code] /* insert code here */ [/code]

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed