Location: Beaverton, OR
Relocation assistance will be provided
You will be responsible for leading the design, implementation, and initial testing of a digital broadcast software development kit (SDK) used by leading flat panel television manufacturers. The SDK will have a specific focus on the MHP specification. You must be ready to work with and mentor junior software engineers, and be prepared to interact with customers at both an engineering and managerial level.
The ideal candidate will have a solid background in hands-on development of embedded systems development with a multi-thread/multi-tasking RTOS (Linux), and industry experience implementing MPEG, MHP, ATSC or OpenCable standards for consumer set top, TV or other broadcast systems. You must be comfortable with bringing up embedded development boards populated with custom ASICs.
Our dream canditate will have the following experience:
• Development of Linux device drivers
• video compression and coding (MPEG-4 and H.264)
• MHP protocols
• ATSC experience
• OpenCable standards
• Successfully leading a product through MHP/Opencable certification
• Understanding of conditional access API
• PSIP experience
• Flat panel display experience (front projection, rear projection, LCD or Plasma)
• Highly fluent in C and the POSIX APIs
• Committed to human readable, well documented software.
If this sounds interesting please send your resume to >>>>>
Please do cite the job code CPO253 in the subject line of your email or we will not know which position you have applied for. Thanks!