Position: C++ / Linux Developer
Our Menlo Park, CA client has an immediate need for a seasoned C++ Programmer with expertise in Linux.
The ideal candidate should have experience in the development and release of a software product and an appreciation and experience of source code control, release management and bug tracking tools.
The company is just completing the first release of their software
product in a fascinating niche market and plans to rearchitect and
redeploy this product in other markets in the next phase.
The candidate should enjoy working in various disciplines of the
software engineering process, including improvement and porting of legacy code, software installation and maintenance, as well as design and implementation. Good documentation, communication, and team skills required.
Additionally, experience in any combination of the following is a +
· GUI toolkits
· OpenGL rendering
· OS migration and support (Linux and Windows)
· XML parsing/generation
· Database design and interfacing
· Network and multicast programming
· Device monitoring and control (vendor protocols via sockets
· Jini (Java skills a plus)
· Streaming and rendering media (CD/SACD audio, DVD/HiDef and
· Media acquisition and storage (web-based content, LAN/WAN-
based sync, network storage, RAID)
The position will be an initial three-month contract that may evolve into a permanent position. Some travel may be required.