The Software Engineer/Developer will be a key member of the engineering team, responsible for designing, developing, and testing software in a multi-platform environment using cutting-edge technology. The engineer/developer will work with system administrators, security analysts, and customers to ensure that we produce high quality products that exceed expectations. This is a challenging and also very rewarding position where interesting projects in security are implemented in order to protect our clients from Internet intrusions.
- 5+ yearís C development knowledge on Linux/UNIX environments.
- RHEL/CentOS Linux.
- Linux scripting skills in at least one of BASH, python and perl.
- Networking knowledge: TCP, UDP, OSI layer knowledge.
- Experience with Snort, Suricata or other IPS/IDS engines.
- Linux kernel development experience.
- Packet inspection with tcpdump/wireshark.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and develop software systems and applications
- Participate in developing recommendations for architecture of the applications portfolio.
- Troubleshoot infrastructure functionality and performance issues.
- Provide systems operational support, technical skills to monitor, operate and maintain technical infrastructure and test new methods, software, hardware, data flow and interfaces with existing systems
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Proven solid analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with peers, IT management and staff, and internal/external business partners/clients.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and/or Masterís degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Information security knowledge is preferred
- The applicant must be highly motivated and willing to take on projects under deadline