Great Opportunity at established Network Security products company - 2 full time positions with benefits
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be part of the dynamic, talented and highly motivated team that developed the most powerful Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) in the world.
Embedded Software Engineers are responsible for understanding the requirements for innovative new network security features, translating them into executable designs, planning for their development, and realizing the implementation. Developers should have an ability to operate as part of a cross-functional team across hardware, FPGA, operating system, and service organizations. The ideal candidate is comfortable in all stages and aspects of the product lifecycle, from concept through design and planning, implementation, production and field support.
Responsible for designing, developing, troubleshooting and debugging of software, while determining hardware compatibility and/or influences the hardware design. Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on multiple diverse and complex projects simultaneously while exercising independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices. Will be a part of collaborative development team of engineering professionals.
· 5 -7 years of experience working on embedded system software.
· C programming expertise, familiarity with assembly language.
· Understanding of microcomputer architecture, familiar with digital circuit design, control systems, and basic electronic circuit design.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Experience with software engineering processes and the full software development lifecycle, including requirements, design, implementation, testing, and deployment
· Passion for execution in a fast-paced, high-performance work environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience
· Familiar with networking, firewalls, anti-virus systems, intrusion detection and prevention systems.
· Familiar with agile or an iterative software development methodoligies a plus.
> Please respond with your resume and a code sample: firstname.lastname@example.org