We’re looking for a top notch client side software engineer. If you have experience developing ..quality consumer desktop applications, let’s talk. Our application is a DB intensive custom service that performs software application recommendations to a wide range of end-users. We’re trying to change the way that people discover great software, and do so in a high-integrity “do the right thing” way.
What you’ll be doing:
Development of our Software Network’s client-side technology
• Includes development of QA plans and working with QA to move the technology from development to release qualityDevelopment of our Software Network’s client-side SDK
• Pulling together an SDK around the client-side technology. Includes;Development of new products which extend software recommendations into new markets
▪ Documentation for partners to follow
▪ Testing documentation for partners to follow
• Today the Software Network’s recommendations are performs only in Windows installers. We will be testing many other areas to present recommendations to users.Development of new consumer products which focus on improving desktop and web application usage, management, and discovery
• OpenCandy branded, direct to consumer, products.Work with partner support when required to debug partner SDK bugs
Debug bugs discovered in the field with the client-side technology
• This involves analysis of error data and usage data collected from thousands of installs
• Quickly developing patches for the client-side technology
Development of variations on the client-side technology for specific partners
What we’re looking for:
10+ years C/C++ programming
• Displays an architectural and scalable approach to development5+ years desktop application development
• Thinks about multiple versions of releases; refactoring, architecture, future proof
Technical leadership experience and skill set
• Ability to drive a product from product concepts and product requirements to shippable productNinja in:
• Win32Experience with the following technologies;
• Microsoft Visual Studio
• C and C++
• Windows Multi-threading
• Windows Security model
• Version control (SVN or CVS)
• Installers (At least one; MSI, NSIS, or Inno)
• Unit testing
• NetworkingBonus points;
• User interface
• Web browser development experience
• Web browser add-on/extension development experience
• User experience design
Qualities we’re looking for:
Leader - displays the ability to lead a project or product from conception to release
• Experience starting projects or product from the ground, and actually moving it forward to releaseSelf-starter
• Displays the impulse to start something, anything, by their own initiativeInquisitive
• Shown to explore various areas of technologyPerspective - real artists ship
• Shown to explore various projects and products
• Proven track record of actually shipping projects and productsTeamwork - plays well with others
• Building prototypes and concepts is one thing
• Experience working with others on the same project or product
OpenCandy is dedicated to helping developers increase their distribution and improving the way people discover great software. Our first product is a recommendation network that leverages developers’ installation channels to drive distribution of relevant consumer applications in a user-friendly way.
The team behind OpenCandy is a smart, pragmatic and experienced group united by a shared desire to improve the software discovery process for everyone involved. We work in a casual but fast-paced environment with flexible schedules, full health benefits, 401k and free lottery tickets (or as we call them, stock options). Our investors include Google Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners and O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures.
If you’d like to help improve the future of the software industry and you think you have what it takes to thrive in the dynamic, challenging and rapidly evolving world of a growing start-up company, send us your resume as well as your top 5 favorite software applications!
You can apply for the position by emailing us at iwannawork [at] opencandy [dot] com.
We look forward to hearing from you.