As far as I know, there was nothing in the rules about posting a great job opening, so I hope it is all ok! =)
I look forward to hearing from interested candidates! Again, hope it is alright to post. Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org
1st Playable Productions is a community-oriented game studio, modeled on the principles of social entrepreneurship. Our mission is to inspire kids, gamers, and game developers with fun games for entertainment and learning. The company balances our passion for development of engaging and fun entertainment license-based games for kids, with new product research to create a new generation of educationally oriented games to inspire and engage kids of all ages.
We're here to make fun and great looking games for children that build the entertainment brands that they represent. We love finding ways to get more out of limited game platforms, and are a licensed developer for Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, as well as other embedded game platforms.
1st Playable is seeking an experienced game programmer to lead development of high quality 2D and 3D games while working closely with a small team on a variety of platforms including the DSi, Wii and iPhone.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to design, write, document, and maintain solid code; lead a small team of programmers; collaborate with coworkers and communicate with clients; and plan and evolve a reasonable schedule. Applicants should show initiative and resourcefulness in problem solving, and enjoy the challenge of making great games while working within constraints. Candidates should be driven to try new approaches and innovate whenever opportunity arises. The ideal applicant is passionate and committed to making games and also wants to have a broader impact than a list of game titles.
• A degree in computer science or a related discipline.
• 2-5 years experience in game development on console and/or handheld platforms.
• Strong experience in C and C++ (familiarity with ARM or PowerPC assembly a plus).
• Ability to work with and improve legacy codebases and toolsets.
• Ability to develop, execute, and maintain a feasible plan and work schedule for a team.
• Experience in code and design reviews.
• Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
• Ability to work effectively on a team, including strong communication and documentation skills.
• Willingness to participate in community service and outreach.
• Enthusiasm for having fun while making great games!
• Experience with agile software development methodologies such as PSP, Scrum, or XP.
• Experience with 3D engines, 3D mathematics, and animation systems.
• Experience with automated testing and debugging.
• Experience with AI systems or player handling.