Mario had a great idea, and I think I'm going to work on it some. I'm creating a set of macros and classes that will make it fun for kids to learn c/c++. The target audience for me is my 7 year old daughter, who is interested in learning to program.
So the design goals are -
1. it should be fun, using themes familiar to kids like fairy princesses, poneys, ogres etc.
2. it has to be easy, and geared towards young children, which also means age appropriate content
3. It should be open source
4. It should be as cross platform as reasonable, which realistically means Windows and Linux, but the default is Windows, since most kids will have access to windows.
5. It should avoid excessively complex syntax, see rule #2
6. It should not be overly frustrating, see rule #1
Everyone is welcome to contribute, please post your cpp and h files here, Ill merge them into the project and post a zip of the full project whenever it seems appropriate.