nort, yet another tron game
Greetings again. Just thought I'd post one of my latest projects to let everyone know I was still around. :)
This is nort, "tron" spelled backwards. It's a simple tron game with AI written with the SDL in C++. I used git for version control, and wrote the whole thing in a very short period of time. (I think it was less than 24 hours.) There's no documentation, sorry. :P
http://dwks.theprogrammingsite.com/m...ort-1.1.tar.gz -- source with Linux 64-bit executable
http://dwks.theprogrammingsite.com/m...rt-1.1-win.zip -- source with Windows executable (you'll need SDL.dll)
I used just plain SDL, no other libraries. The Windows executable should run with just SDL.dll (which you can get from my other projects, e.g. sailseas, or the SDL website).
- Press space to start a new game. All four AIs will battle it out by default; if you want to play, press '2' to disable AI for player 2 (green), and use the arrow keys to control it.
- Press '1' to disable AI for player 1 (red), and use asdf to control it.
- Press END to speed up the game, or space to abruptly start a new one.
- See the README.txt for details.
Other features are:
- The game area wraps when you hit the edges. It makes it a lot harder.
- The AI is very difficult to beat. You can trick it, though, especially if you know how it works. I'll leave it to the reader to discover this from the source. :)
- The code's reasonably well modularized. You can, for example, add other AIs if you wish.
There are a few bugs with the program; I guess the only annoying one is that AIs sometimes crash into each other. :)
Anyway, I have to run now. Feedback welcome. I'm now working on other projects, of course, but I thought this was interesting anyway.
P.S. I was beating one of the AIs once after 63 games. I had won 17 games, (the worst) AI had won 16. :p
 By the way, I didn't specifically release the code under a license -- maybe with the next version, if there ever is one -- but if anyone wants to change it, you can consider it released under the GPL version 3. [/edit]