I have made several submissions, but I'm not sure if I've completely broken stuff or not.
It seems like it's thinking that .hpp files are binary for some reason - I don't understand why at this point in time (there is no NUL characters in the file, which is what one web-page says is the sign of a binary file in mercurial).
Edit: I also added a makefile for the experimental section. As a consequence of the rather strict warning levels, I had to fix a few things to make it compile (and changing the local include files to use "" instead of <>).
I will make some comments on the coding style in a second post.