Software Design in Test Engineer
(C# .NET or C/C++ Coding) and SQA - System Level Configuration,
DLL/COM Objects, Data Model Diagrams
As a Software Design Engineer in Test, you will be working in a team environment in Redmond, Washington for a Large Software Manufacturer. You will be designing and developing test plans, performing repeatable test procedures and processes. This position also requires you to verify triggers, stored procedures, referential integrity, hardware products and/or with system specifications. You will be responsible to write and modify DLL and COM objects. Your expertise will be needed to interpret and modify code as required with at least one programming and/or one scripting language.
This is an estimated 1 year contract position, through Volt Technical Resources - a division of a Fortune 1000 publicly traded Staffing Industry Leader, which is headquartered in Redmond, Washington. We are among the largest IT staffing companies in the US for contract/temporary and direct hire placements and support most of the top rated IT companies in the Pacific Northwest.
Please rest assured that if your resume matches what is reflected in this job posting, you should receive a phone call from a Volt Recruiter to discuss this position with you.
Required skills for this Software Design Engineer in Test include:
- The right candidate for this position must have strong coding knowledge of C# with .Net or C with C++.
- Requires system level configuration skills.
- Experience with writing and modifying DLL and COM objects.
- Must have some knowledge of software quality assurance (SQA) practices.
- Must have the ability to read logical and physical data model diagrams.
- Database programming experience i.e. SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle, Informix and/or DB2
- Experience with various web technologies will be helpful as well such as with: (VBScript, ASP, XML, or SOAP/REST).
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware is preferred.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science required and some business/functional knowledge preferred.
Please email us your resume/CV to Romy Mohammad at: RMohammad@volt.com and it will be expedited to Romy to discuss this job with you! Please include on your subject line: Software Design/Test - (C# .NET or C/C++ Coding) and SQA - SDET061009Cboard Thank you!
This position is urgent and you will be given immediate consideration should your resume meet the job requirements.
Volt is a world leader in the staffing industry, boasting over 50 years of experience. We work with many of the Fortune 500 and 1000 companies to provide workforce solutions. We offer our contractors competitive pay and benefits, as well as education programs and re-deployment assistance. We also offer many direct hire full-time positions.
Volt Information Sciences, Inc. is our parent company and is a publicly owned corporation. Stock is traded over-the-counter and is quoted on the NYSE. To learn more about Volt Information Sciences and to see more of our job postings, please conduct a search on Google for Volt.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to fostering diversity in the workplace