help with message attachment

This is a discussion on help with message attachment within the Networking/Device Communication forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; Hi there Can someone help me with file attachment to a mail using C program Thanx in advance...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9

    Unhappy help with message attachment

    Hi there
    Can someone help me with file attachment to a mail using C program
    Thanx in advance

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,471
    What API are you using to send a mail without attach?
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9

    Smile re:help with msg attachment

    Hi there
    first of all thanx for the quick response
    I am not using any api.
    Just normal SMTP commands using winsock library
    thanx and regards

  4. #4
    and the hat of wrongness Salem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The edge of the known universe
    Posts
    32,439
    1. Visit http://www.rfc-editor.org/ and read the RFCs which define SMTP
    2. Use ethereal / wireshark to observe an existing email client sending a message with an attachment.
    If you dance barefoot on the broken glass of undefined behaviour, you've got to expect the occasional cut.
    If at first you don't succeed, try writing your phone number on the exam paper.
    I support http://www.ukip.org/ as the first necessary step to a free Europe.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    2,129

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Strange string behavior
    By jcafaro10 in forum C Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 07:38 PM
  2. Message class ** Need help befor 12am tonight**
    By TransformedBG in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2006, 10:03 PM
  3. Making a script language?
    By Blackroot in forum Game Programming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 01:22 AM
  4. Dialog Box Problems
    By Morgul in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-31-2005, 05:48 PM
  5. Tab Controls - API
    By -KEN- in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2002, 09:44 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21