UuidCreateSequential

This is a discussion on UuidCreateSequential within the Networking/Device Communication forums, part of the General Programming Boards category; How do I fix this stub so it will compile? ( Windows XP, MSVC++ 6.0 ) Code: #include <rpc.h> void ...

  1. #1
    Malum in se abachler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,189

    UuidCreateSequential

    How do I fix this stub so it will compile? ( Windows XP, MSVC++ 6.0 )

    Code:
    #include <rpc.h>
     
    void main(){
         UUID Computer;
     
         UuidCreateSequential(&Computer);
         }
    from the docs, and msdn
    Declared in Rpcdce.h; include Rpc.h
    its giving the error
    error C2065: 'UuidCreateSequential' : undeclared identifier
    Until you can build a working general purpose reprogrammable computer out of basic components from radio shack, you are not fit to call yourself a programmer in my presence. This is cwhizard, signing off.

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    I suppose you need some defines
    AS I remember - when you create a project in VC6 it ask you a question if you want to add a support for MFC or/and ATL

    I suppose one of these adds the required define.
    Have you tried firstly create a project that supports everything to see if this is a problem?

    And BTW - use int main()
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Malum in se abachler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,189
    MFC is out of the question, this is not an MFC application. I cannot realistically include 'everything'.
    Until you can build a working general purpose reprogrammable computer out of basic components from radio shack, you are not fit to call yourself a programmer in my presence. This is cwhizard, signing off.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21